Last year I had a terrible experience. My daughter came to me to complain about the itching head. My first thought was that someone had been too messy while playing with the sand, but having a closer look I was petrified as I saw tiny reddish-brown insects and oval-shaped nits. So yes, I faced one of my biggest fears but so do lots of families.
How to clean house for lice and what measures should be taken?
- Calm down. You are not a bad mum. Some might be embarrassed, however, anyone can get them even dinosaurs had them. So, there is no point to freak out. Make sure that your child is not scared or embarrassed. Children can be really vulnerable in such moments.
- Examine on your family members for lice and nits. Remember that lice can’t fly, therefore, infection usually takes place because of head-to-head contact, sharing brushes hats, linen. Make an appointment with a doctor. We are lucky to live now, when there is a big variety of products to tackle the problem, however, don’t forget that all lice killing products are pesticides and, therefore, follow all the instructions precisely. Don’t forget to keep your eyes safe. Notify your child’s school or kindergarten, friends and relatives.
- How to clean linen after lice. All bed linens and towels, coverings and pillows can be a source of infection, therefore, requires to be dried in the clothes dryer on high heat for 30-40 minutes prior to being cleaned as well as dried out once again. Items that cannot go to clothes dryer needs to be put in plastic bags and then set in a freezer for 2 days. If that is not an alternative, after that just place the item in a plastic bag and also placed somewhere in isolation for a minimum of 48 hours. Head lice do not endure off of the human host for greater than 2 days.
- How to clean clothes after lice. Just as linens, all clothes that could have been infected with lice will require to be dried in the clothes dryer on high heat for 30-40 minutes as well. If a thing cannot be dried out this way, put the items in bags and isolate them for two days. These measures should be taken for outwear, hats, scarves. Go through hair crunches.
- How to clean rugs, car and the floor after lice. Remember that countertops, rugs, floorings, and so on, do not need to be deep cleansed. An easy vacuum cleaner of the residence will certainly be adequate, in addition to the above. Don’t forget to vacuume Car seats and headrests.
- How to clean hair brushes after lice. Take all hairbrushes, combs, and also devices, tag appropriately to avoid sharing, place in plastic bags and put in a fridge freezer for 2 days. Afterward, wash them with hot, soapy water and wipe down. You don’t need to put them in boiling water it will just ruin them. Clean all containers and cabinets before placing products back to obtain a fresh, clean start!
- How to clean stuffed toys with lice. It is vital not to forget about Stuffed toys too. They also will require to be dried in the clothes dryer on high heat for 30-40 minutes as well. If a thing cannot be dried out this way, put it in a bag and isolate them for two days.